1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1 cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
salt to taste
1/3 cup vinegar
1/4 cup cooking oil
1. In a pot, combine chicken, soy sauce, shrimp paste and grind black peppercorns then marinate chicken for at least 1 hour.
2. Drain chicken then reserve the sauce. Set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil then saute garlic until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
2. Add marinated chicken then cook until light brown.
3. Add marinade, bay leaves, oyster sauce, whole peppercorns, and water then simmer for 20-30 minutes until meat is tender.
4. Add sugar then season with salt according to taste. Pour vinegar then simmer until liquid reduced.
5. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl then topped with toasted garlic.
6. Serve with steamed rice and crispy prawn fries.
Powered by Facebook Comments