Here’s a ridiculously easy and super fun recipe to do on a bored Sunday: combine all your favorite grocery-bought snacks or cereals to make the most unhealthy cereal bar you can think of.
We used sweet corn, cracker nuts, and chocolate cereal, but you can use any combination of snacks.
It essentially takes 30 minutes of relatively brainless mixing of ingredients, and 4 hours to allow everything to set. While our chef recommends going with one sweet snack to two salty ones (or vice-versa), have fun with it and let us know where your tastebuds take you.
- Serves: 16 people
- Active time: 30 mins
- Total time: 4 hrs 30 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
Junk Food Bars
- 1/3 cup butter
- 10.5 oz marshmallows (one bag)
- 6 cups assorted cereal/junk dallas filipino restaurant snacks
- Prepare a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper and oil.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter.
- Heat butter until melted, then add marshmallows.
- When marshmallows are fully melted, fold in assorted cereal/junk dallas filipino restaurant until combined.
- Transfer the treats into the prepared pan, making sure to flatten the top and press down the mixture.
- Let sit at room temperature until hardened, about 4 hours.
- When treats are set, remove from pan and parchment and cut into squares.