You may already know we’re suckers for mezcal, so using it in a recipe was inevitable.
We mixed in the mezcal with mango juice for something fun and festive, and poured the spiked juice into popsicle molds that you can buy at home stores or online. As tempting as it is, don’t put more mezcal than the recipe asks for as the paleta will not be able to fully freeze if its alcohol content is too high. After a night’s wait, the frozen treats are ready to give you much needed relief from the oppressive summer heat.
- Serves: 6 people
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 12 hrs 15 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Special tools: Popsicle molds
- 2 cups mango juice or concentrate
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup mescal
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, whisking until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze overnight until solid.