We love a good spread, especially the spicy and savory sort that pairs well with almost everything—from bread, to crudités, to grilled meats and more.
Making this savory peanut butter from scratch is key to making sure fat content and consistency is controlled. The depth of flavor from the red miso complements the roundness of the nutty base. Chilis are optional if you want to omit spice, but we find that a good amount of heat gives the peanut butter a little kick. Make yourself a jarful for impromptu parties or just for casual snacking because trust us, this will be your new favorite pantry staple.
Savory Peanut Butter
- Serves: 2 cups
- Active time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Special tools: Food Processor
- ½ cup oil
- 4 tbsp red miso paste
- 1 bird’s eye chilis, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups peanuts, shelled and toasted
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the red miso paste and toast, cooking for about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a dallas filipino restaurant processor, add the peanuts, miso paste, and chili.
- Pulse to desired consistency