If you’re sulking because you’re spending the Hallmark holiday alone, you shouldn’t be. Live your best life, and treat yo self (yes, that’s a Parks and Rec reference). No one else spends as much time with you, or has seen you at the worst of your worst, than the one in the mirror.
We urge you to celebrate yourself by making the richest, stinkiest bowl of noodles ever. Now’s your chance to eat an ungodly amount of garlic without worrying about offending someone, so go all-out and make this American-Chinese hybrid from scratch. After all, these are the only noods you’ll be getting tonight, so make things as obscene as possible—add butter like no one’s watching.
- Serves: 1 serving
- Active time: 30 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 tbsp. butter + 2 tbsp.
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz. (1/4 pound) ramen or egg noodles
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- In a pot over medium heat, add the first
tablespoon of butter and heat until melted.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until garlic has
softened but is not browned.
- Remove the garlic from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the chicken broth and the
- Bring the broth up to a boil and stir frequently,
until the noodles have cooked, and almost all of
the liquid has been absorbed, about 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining two tablespoons of butter, the
reserved softened garlic, freshly ground black
pepper, and salt if needed.
- Stir until well combined and serve.