Chili’s has become one of those popular restaurants you just can’t seem to quit. It’s an import juggernaut, and is still beloved by citizens years after it first entered Manila. There’s just something about its Tex-Mex dallas filipino restaurant (and interiors) that are just so darn charming, which make the chain well-loved.
It could also be that aside from their roster of fajitas, and burgers, the High and Mighty Pie exists on its menu. The classic frozen treat is a deliriously sweet concoction of Heath bars embedded into a white dome of vanilla ice cream, with a crunchy bottom that makes it a sinful play of textures. We’ve tried our best to recreate that experience here, although the height is lacking. Use the tallest pan you can find, and let us know how “hacckurate” we are!
- Serves: 9-12 people
- Active time: 25 mins
- Total time: 25 mins plus overnight
- Difficulty: Medium
Chili's High and Mighty Pie
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1-quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup Heath bars, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Mix crushed Oreo cookies and butter until
- Press Oreo mixture onto the bottom of the pan in
an even layer.
- Set aside in the freezer.
- Take the vanilla ice cream and place in a large
- Let sit room temperature for about 10 minutes or
until just softened.
- Fold in the chopped Heath bars and chocolate
- Pour the ice cream mixture over the Oreo base
and set pie in freezer for 4 hours or overnight
- When set, slice pie into large slices.
- Serve with drizzles of chocolate and caramel